Making your website accessible for people with disabilities is a mandatory requirement for private companies with 50+ employees and all public companies in Ontario. If this is you, your website must comply with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Benefits of an Accessible website:
- Meet the legal requirements of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Attract more customers and increase revenues. Not only will your website reach 1.85 million Ontarians with disabilities but will be inclusive of those who experience problems similar to those formally identified in the AODA such as:seniors, people with dyslexia, autism, memory dysfunction, attention problems or any physical handicap.
- Improve website usability and SEO. Web Accessibility is based on the principles of Web Usability and supports the standard SEO practices. By making your website accessible, you will also improve your rankings in search results.
- Positive brand image. In building an accessible website, you show the world that you care!
We follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 published by the W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), requirements. These include:
- Text descriptions for all non-text elements
- Option to increase and decrease the font size
- Proper colour contrast
- Keyboard accessibility